Tuesday 1 November 2011

dbe 2011 #1 - VIDEO

dbe Launch party Oct 11' w/ Mistajam / Jaymo & Andy George. from Will Warr on Vimeo.


MASSIVE thanks to Will Warr for this amazing video from our launch party for this term. Many more to come hopefully.

"Two weeks ago, Loughborough based party people, DBE hosted their first event of the year, with Radio 1′s Mistajam and Jaymo & Andy George tearing up the decks. I was asked to produce a film of the night to capture the party vibe and help promote future events. This was a perfect opportunity for me to start producing creative media for the music scene.

This is the first time I have utilized all my equipment that i’ve been working with so far. I feel both the video overlays and the use of slow motion footage worked particularly well in this live music environment. This was the first opportunity I had to use my wide angle L series lens, which produced some crisp footage, and shot at f/2.8 meant i didn’t have to crank up the ISO too high.

For the next party, in two weeks time, Zinc and Two Inch Punch are taking to the decks. I’m hoping to build on what i’ve produced here, including some more creative production techniques; experimenting with time-lapses and new creative angles.

Let me know what you think of the video on twitter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment